To Scaled Agile product development
In this digital age, organizations are asked to deliver competitive solutions. But responding quickly to market demand and technological renewal remains a challenge. Therefore, more and more companies are switching from a traditional waterfall approach to an agile approach for their product development.
The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) Scales Agile/Scrum to larger organizations where multiple teams work together in a fixed cadence.
What is the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®)?
The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is the fastest growing approach to implement agile at scale. SAFe adapts the power of agile and combines it with the knowledge of systems thinking and lean product development. SAFe is a collection of various methods that are successfully applied in business. The basis of SAFe is to organize good cooperation between agile teams. These teams work transparently with a clear focus on value, which makes it clear where problems are and where progress is made. The teams learn to monitor the quality themselves, rather than develop them first and then test them. By applying all this, a well-running 'factory' is created that realizes the development work.
''It is not the strongest species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one that is most adaptable to change.''
- SAFe is an extensive framework where it is important to choose which parts to apply and which not (yet). Together we determine the best strategy for your organization.
- The transformation to SAFe also changes the governance structure. A good structure is important for optimal flow in the organization.
- To measure the flow, metrics are needed. For this we have selected the best tools and configure them for an optimal overview of the program.
- Starting a transformation is always exciting. This is why it is important not to prepare for too long, but to get going!
- First we train specific people in their role. Think of solution management, product management, solution and release train engineer (STE/RTE), product owners (PO) and scrum masters (SCM). The training focuses on the method, mindset and use of the tools.
- The real start begins by building agile teams that will then perform their first PI planning event.
- In order to guarantee the change to an agile method and organization, we coach for a number of Program Increments specific roles and teams.
- After the first steps of the transformation, we evaluate whether SAFe is properly implemented, or that additional components are needed for a better flow of value in the organization.
- Before we let your organization stand on its own feet, we inspect where specific coaching is needed for optimal implementation of the SAFe methodology.