Build the skills needed to become a high-performing team member of an Agile Release Train (ART) — and learn how to collaborate effectively with other teams — by becoming a SAFe® Practitioner (SP). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the ART, how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role with Scrum, Kanban and XP.
You will learn how to write stories and break down features into stories. In addition, you learn to plan and execute iterations and plan Program Increments. Finally, you will learn about the continuous delivery pipeline and the DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate with other teams in the program and what it takes to continuously improve the train.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Practitioner, the attendees learn:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Know your team and the roles of your team within the Agile Release Train
- Know the other teams in the Agile Release Train and the dependencies with these teams
- Plan iterations
- Execute Iterations and demonstrate value
- Plan Program Increments
- Integrate and work with other teams on the train
During the training the following topics are explained:
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Building an Agile team
- Planningn the Iteration
- Executing the Iteration
- Executing the Program Increment
What do you get
This class registration includes:
- SAFe® Practitioner (SP) exam preparation and access
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Course certificate of completion. Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Team members who apply Lean and Agile at scale
- All members of an Agile Release Train preparing for launch
Knowledge and experience
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Practitioner (SP) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes