This two-day course focuses on participants who already have experience in the Scrum master role. During the training, the leading role of a Scrum Master in facilitating Agile team, program and enterprise success is included in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. Participants learn to apply their Scrum mindset in scalable engineering and DevOps practices. You’ll learn how to apply Kanban to facilitate the flow of value and how you can support interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in a large program and enterprise context.
The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Scrum Master, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles in facilitating, enablement and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
During the training the following topics are explained:
- Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe enterprise
- Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
What do you get
This class registration includes:
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both course days in order to be eligible for the exam.
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others assuming the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers
- Prospective SAFe Release Train Engineers
Knowledge and experience
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam: